June 2022 Monthly Recipe / Fig Leaf Oil
Fig Leaf Oil
10 x fig leaves
A good pinch of salt
1 litre of grapeseed oil
Handful of blanched and refreshed spinach (water squeezed out)
- Place the fig leaves, spinach and a good pinch of salt in a food processor, we use a vitamix.
- Pour in the oil and blitz on a high speed for about 2 minutes. It will start to steam and emulsify.
- Remove and strain through a muslin, keep in the fridge.
- Once strained, put in to an oil bottle upside down in the fridge (wrap the nozzle with blue paper and it shouldn’t leak). After 3 hours the water and oil will separate, you will easily be able to squeeze out the water (which you don’t want) and be left with pure green oil.
- It should be quite thick and verdant.